Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dirt Bike Party Supply

All Telecom

Today I and my colleague Yoda did go to Telecom at the Ravenna campus to attend a presentation of new solutions designed to data backup, security for the Web (firewall, antispam, antivirus and web filtering), storage of paper documents (invoices, orders, etc. ..) all on demand.
The first thing I thought of crossing the threshold was "Geez I am about to enter the lair of the enemy" or because of personal or business, good or bad I always had with Telecom to discuss!
Instead I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meeting, saying that more than one technical session was purely a commercial thing (but competent commercial ^ ^).
is the only thing that made me laugh was when the various slides of the powerpoint presentation have started talking about adsl copetura the country and want to know what a second ....... Italy is covered dall'adsl their telecom to 98%, now a bump on his chair to see that chart are not the only state to do so, because I know people who live in places where in addition to not get the ADSL does not reach even the umts!
more according to their estimates dell'adsl2 + coverage is 80%, but come on!!
Okay .... we go further, as I said overall it was an interesting meeting, I was amazed by the description of their data centers to store all this data bologna, these data centers to have 3 hours in Milan, 3 Rome, 1 bari most others who do not remember ...... for example the backup, the figures today were talking about 200 gigabytes a user with full backup or incremental as recommended!
returned to Bologna, said the data center has about 2.5 gigabytes of bandwidth !!!!! ie band! a film to say the discharges in 1 second) in multiple servers are in an underground bunker and we were also invited to visit ...... honestly I can not wait to go!

What can I say, I have gained a point, I am now at -7.

0 comments:

Post a Comment