Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grope Chinese In Train

.... this unknown

Well I happen very often when I speak around my work was already in difficulty as the initial application, or when they ask me what job I do say "the system" and immediately people start to stare at a glance staring as if I had said some kind of obscenity, so I see myself always forced to simplify and say "the computer technician." Then you get a chorus of Ahhhhhh but could not immediately say computer technician? also have the word "system" is itself a generic term because there are several classes and specializations, as you can read:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

In a computer system is a general engineer in charge of maintenance (as well as project and updating) of computer systems.

. Tasks.

The main tasks of any are:

  • Meeting the requirements of the direction of the managed structure (company, government agency, university, etc...)
  • Follow the structure and network devices in collaboration with the network administrator.
  • Install and configure new hardware / software side and client side
    server.
  • Manage user accounts.
  • Responding to people's questions.
  • Plan and verify the correct execution of the backup.
  • Apply patches and updates.
  • document the transactions.
  • remedy the problems / failures via troubleshooting techniques.
  • Getting the best performance possible with the available hardware.

. Types.

In Italian the term is almost always used in a generic way, often as a contraction of the term computer system, and incorrectly as a synonym for system administrator. English adjectives are instead specifying different types of systems:

  • Application Administrator: Administrator of a particular type of application .
  • System Administrator: System Administrator.
  • Network Administrator: Specializes in computer networks and related networking equipment as routers, bridges and switches. Translatable network administrator .
  • Security Administrator: Specializes in the management of security at the border of the system.
  • Database Administrator: Specializes in the administration of databases.
What I mean is that I will definitely continue to say that I'm a "computer technician" talking to ordinary people, but I'll do it with regret, that little bit of honor that I've always makes me come to some thick head simplified so that every time my work. It 's like saying that a neurosurgeon and an orthopedic surgeon are the same because both operate on the human body, but by heck!

I am proud of my job and do the System Administrator at the moment and gratifies me one day I hope to improve and maybe even how to specialize Network Administrator.


0 comments:

Post a Comment